The Company was started in May 1970 by Mr Ken Williams when he purchased his first double decker bus. This vehicle, a 1956 Guy Arab IV, was originally in service for Southdown Transport. After serving schools and various factories on works contracts around Leicester, it was sold back to Southdown for preservation and is still in existence to this day.
The company slowly increased the number of vehicles over the years up to the current fleet of over thirty coaches and buses.
When the company was started it was run from Ken’s home address, however as it started to expand, the companies Leicester premises in Spalding Street were purchased. Housing the current office building and parking for five of the companies vehicles.
In 1992 the company purchased their Wigston premises in Harrison Close which contain the modern in-house workshop block and parking for the companies other vehicles.
Over the years the company has now owned over 70 vehicles, half of which are still in daily use today. Although the company has always bought used vehicles, it has a reputation within the industry for the excellence of its maintenance staff who keep the vehicles in a first class condition, which often exceeds that seen within big modern companies running new vehicles.
For a full list of all the various vehicles that have been owned by Confidence over the years, take a look at the ‘Bus Enthusiasts Information’ pages. There is also photo’s of all these vehicles included in the ‘Photo Galleries’ section.